10 Sep Ealing’s Got Talent schools online competition
Ealing Music Service are excited to launch Ealings Got Talent (EGT) 2018/19 in collaboration with the Health Improvement Team and West London Mental Health NHS Trust. EGT is an online competition to discover and promote KS1 – KS4 pupils currently enrolled in Ealing maintained, academies and independent schools who have a passion to perform using music, dance or drama or a combination of the above principles under the chosen theme of mental health which is still one of Ealings key priorities to raise mental health awareness in the school community.
We have introduced this incentive as we believe it is important to address the worrying statistic that three pupils in every class today have a diagnosed mental health problem, and in Ealing, 16% of 15 year olds report low life satisfaction, significantly worse than the UK average.
Please see attached for Ealings Got Talent general rules and online application guidance and flyer in pdf and jpeg format (social media friendly version) to promote the event to pupils through Ealing organisations.
- For EGT general information click here
- To access online application form click here
- Take a look at EGT Trailer here
- Online auditions are open on Monday, 10 September, 9am.
- The DEADLINE for competition entries is Monday,10 December, 4pm.
- Up to 6 acts with the highest scores will be shortlisted by our online judging panel and the results emailed to schools on 17 December. These acts will be invited to compete in the live final, where winners from primary and high schools are selected by a celebrity judging panel and live audience voting held at the second part of the Lets Talk Mental Health Conference on Thursday, 7 February 2019 at DoubleTree by Hilton, Ealing from 4pm – 7pm.
- Certificates of excellence will be awarded to the finalists, and a trophy with a bespoke prize to the school of the winning act at the end of the conference.
- Encourage soloists and groups that have written compositions that fit into the mental health theme to apply. Pupils that create an original element into a rendition of a famous work which fits into a mental health theme will also be accepted.
Take a look at EGT Trailer here