We are delighted to offer a NEW initiative in partnership with artist and tutor Mario Lautier-Vella: OPEN Ealing’s Art Day Out! We’ve SOLD OUT
This two day course takes us out of London to visit inspiring places, galleries and exhibitions followed by a day in the Studio.
OPEN Ealing’s Art Day Out: Oxford – Thursday 10 August | 10am-4pm
With a full day in the Studio on Friday 11 August | 10am-4pm
Enjoy a new 2-day course as we venture out of London to the ‘City of Dreaming Spires’ for a fun day out of art-making and art-viewing.
Join us on the Thursday
morning when we will travel together to Oxford to start our day with a visit to the blockbuster, 5-star rated exhibition, ‘Raphael: The Drawings’
at the Ashmolean Museum – a chance for you to get up close and personal to over 100 of the Renaissance Master’s finest drawings gathered from collections from around the world. We will then spend time researching and responding to the permanent collection at the museum.
The Heads and Hands of Two Apostles, circa 1519-20, Raphael.
Photograph: Ashmolean Museum,University of Oxford
After a restaurant lunch, we will enjoy a drawing walk through the city to sketch and respond to both the urban and river landscape before heading back to London in the early evening.
On the next day, Friday 11 August, we’ll be back at OPEN Ealing for a full, productive day in our studio – a fantastic opportunity to work with your research and sketches from your Oxford trip with helpful guidance and lots of time to explore and develop your ideas. All basic materials are provided for your day in the studio.
Please note your course fee doesn’t include the following:
* Your train fare to and from Oxford
* Entrance to the ‘Raphael: The Drawings’ exhibition. Tickets cost:
- Full Price Ticket + Gift Aid Donation | £13.50
- Concession – Senior Citizens (65+) Ticket + Gift Aid Donation | £11.50
- Concession – University of Oxford Staff & Alumni Ticket + Gift Aid Donation | £11.50
- Half Price – Unemployed Individual Ticket + Gift Aid Donation | £6.60
- Half Price – Student Ticket + Gift Aid Donation (University of Oxford students get in free) | £6.60
- Half Price – Art Fund Ticket + Gift Aid Donation | £6.60
Please also note that, due to demand, we have to pre-book our tickets to ‘Raphel: The Drawings’ as recommended by the Ashmolean Museum – your exhibition ticket fee will be collected in advance at the time of booking your place on the course.
As we will be on our feet for most of the day, please only consider the trip if you are able to walk / stand for considerable time.
Bookings are closed for this event.